A vanpool consists of at least 5 passengers (including the driver) who share the cost of vehicle wear and tear, fuel, bridge tolls and parking. Vanpooling can be a popular and affordable option for those commuting over 30 miles per day.
Interested in joining a Vanpool? Below, see our current vanpools for registered UCD vans that are accepting riders. If a registered vanpool does not work for you, you can still share the ride with our ride-match service provider, Zimride. This complimentary service is provided to all UC Davis affiliates.
As a goVanpool member, TAPS will provide you with the following benefits and incentives:
- Discounted Parking Permit Rate - save up to 60% off regular "A" or "C" permit rates
- Reserved Parking
- Subsidy towards driver exams
- Complimentary parking permits for the days you are unable to share the ride
- Emergency Ride Home Program
- Pre-tax payroll deduction for staff and faculty
- Complimentary ride-match service: Zimride
Join a Vanpool!
There are currently two vanpools serving UC Davis and both are self-managed. To inquire about joining either of the vanpools, please contact the listed coordinators below.
El Cerrito Vanpool "POOLBUSTERS":
On campus 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Starting point: El Cerrito BART Station.
FULL, PART-TIME & CASUAL SEATS AVAILABLE
Placer County Vanpool:
On campus 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Starting points: Newcastle Indian Hill Rd. Park & Ride Lot AND Roseville, Eureka/Taylor Park & Ride Lot.
PERMANENT AND PART-TIME CASUAL SEATS AVAILABLE
Commuters from Nevada, Placer and Sacramento Counties are welcome.
Vanpool Incentives & Resources:
- SACOG Vanpool Incentive Program
- Yolo TMA Vanpool Incentive Program
- Enterprise Ride Share
- Solano Transportation Authority - Solano/Napa Commuter Info
- 511.org – Bay Area Rideshare