- A carpool is defined as two or more UC Davis faculty, staff or students sharing one car on the majority of commute trips to campus.
- If you live on the Davis campus or at UC Davis housing communities outside the regular campus boundaries, you are not eligible to be a member of goCarpool. This includes, but is not limited to the Solano Park, Russell Park, La Rue Park, The Colleges at La Rue, Primero Grove, 8th & Wake, and West Village housing communities.
- Carpool members must be commuting to the Davis campus from the same direction.
- Undergraduate students must live outside of the Davis/El Macero area to participate in a registered carpool.
- A carpool application must be completed and signed by each member participating in the carpool. Undergraduates will be required to provide the following documentation with their carpool application:
- Class schedule for the current academic quarter
- Proof of residency at the address noted on the application. Sufficient proof of address includes a lease or rental agreement or a utility bill in the student’s name at the address noted on the application.
- Carpool permits must be purchased for a minimum through the current fiscal year (June 30th).
- Refunds may be available when a carpool permit is cancelled before the permit’s expiration date. Refunds will be based on the original payment method, calculated by the calendar month and a $15 administrative fee will apply.
Types of Carpool Permits
- 3 Person “A” Carpool Permit (CP3A): A carpool consisting of three or more staff and/or faculty members who are employed with a non-student title code and regularly participate in a registered carpool. Valid in "A" and "C" spaces anytime when carpool permit is displayed. Commuting students may participate in CP3A carpools if the majority of carpool members are staff and faculty.
- 2 Person “A” Carpool Permit (CP2A): A carpool consisting of two staff and/or faculty members who are employed with a non-student title code and regularly participate in a registered carpool. Valid in "A" and "C" spaces anytime when carpool permit is displayed.
- 3 Person “C” Carpool Permit (CP3C): A carpool consisting of three or more staff, faculty, and/or commuting students regularly participating in a registered carpool. Valid in "C" spaces any time when carpool permit is displayed.
- 2 Person “C” Carpool Permit (CP2C): A carpool consisting of two staff, faculty, and/or commuting students regularly participating in a registered carpool. Valid in "C" spaces anytime when carpool permit is displayed.
Carpool Parking Permit
- Each carpool group will be assigned one carpool parking permit which is valid in “A” or “C” parking areas as indicated on the permit.
- Hang-tag style permits should be placed on the rearview mirror with the permit type facing out and placard style permits should be visibly displayed on the driver’s side front windshield where it is clearly visible from outside of the vehicle.
- Carpool permits are non-transferable and may be used only by the person(s) to whom TAPS assigns them. Any misuse of the carpool permits or intentional violation of the carpool program may result in citation issuance, revocation or parking privileges and the right to receive a refund may be waived.
Reserved Carpool Parking Spaces
- Annual carpool groups may request up to two reserved carpool parking spaces in the lot(s) of their choice. Every attempt is made to provide reserved spaces as requested. Certain lots, however, have limited carpool parking. Therefore, carpool parking in these lots will be on a first-come, first-parked basis.
- Carpool spaces are reserved during the morning commute hours, until 9:30am. After 9:30am, reserved carpool spaces will become available to other permit holders.
- Carpool permit holders may also park in regular “A” or “C” parking spaces as designated by the carpool permit type.
- UC Davis carpool parking permits are not valid in reserved carpool parking spaces at the UC Davis Health Systems campus in Sacramento.
Pre-tax Payroll Deduction Benefits
- Eligible UC Davis faculty and staff members may enroll in pre-tax payroll deduction to purchase carpool parking permits. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- The employee must have an appointment in the UC Davis payroll system with a non-student classification
- The appointment must be 50% time or greater
- The end date of the appointment must be more than six months from the date of enrollment
- Payment through payroll deduction is required for the purchase of multi-year carpool permits.
Complimentary Carpool Permits
- One complimentary parking permit is assigned to each goCarpool member
- Each complimentary permit will have up to 24 uses for the fiscal year (two uses are provided for each month from the time of issuance through June 30th).
- If membership in the goClub is cancelled prior to June 30th, boxes used in excess of the two per month from the date of issuance will be charged $9 per box. Permits that are not returned upon cancellation will be assumed used and charged accordingly
- Either an “A” or “C” type parking permit will be issued depending on eligibility.
- Complimentary permits issued to students without a staff appointment will be for use on one vehicle, for which proof of ownership is provided. Please bring the vehicle registration to TAPS when picking up the permit.
- A $15 administrative fee will be applied for a replacement permit to be issued during continuous use.
- Complimentary parking permits are not valid in designated carpool parking spaces until after 9:30am.
- Complimentary permits are VALID:
- Only when the date is properly and legibly completed in blue or black ballpoint pen (do not use pencil or felt tip pen), with the day of the week circled.
- When date boxes are utilized chronologically and in numerical order.
- On campus and in UC Davis Health Systems facilities where “A” or “C” permits are honored (as specified on the permit).
- Through the expiration date of the permit.
- When used by the individual to whom they are issued, on the vehicle to which it is assigned.
- Complimentary permits are NOT VALID IF:
- The date is illegible or the day of the week is not circled.
- When parked in any restricted area.
- The permit has been altered or changed in any way.
- Used in an area where the permit is not valid.
- The date is written in pencil or felt tip pen such as a Sharpie.
- Used after the carpool has been cancelled/expired.
- Used in a carpool parking space before 9:30am.
- Used after the expiration date on the permit.
- The date boxes are utilized out of numerical order.
- Used by anyone other than the individual to whom they are issued or on any vehicle other than the one to which it is registered. o Used after being reported lost or stolen.
- Misuse of the complimentary permit may result in revocation of permit privileges (for a minimum of an academic quarter.) Citation issuance is appropriate for display of a lost, stolen, altered or revoked permit. Individuals may be subject to additional sanctions as needed.
- Lost or stolen parking permits should be reported immediately to TAPS. Replacements will not be issued.
Emergency Ride Home Program
- goClub members who live outside the City of Davis are eligible for the TAPS Emergency Ride Home (ERH) Program. If an emergency situation develops and other transportation options are not feasible, TAPS will provide an emergency ride to your home or commute starting point.
- ERH services are available Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:00pm. Rides may not always be immediately available upon request. TAPS will do its best to accommodate rider requests promptly.
- Rides are not provided for the following reasons: working overtime, night classes, transit malfunctions or delays, medical appointments, business travel, or personal errands.
- goClub members who live within the City of Davis are not eligible to participate in the TAPS provided Emergency Ride Home Program. However, Yolo TMA provides an emergency ride home program for UC Davis employees up to six times per year. To be eligible for the Yolo TMA emergency ride home program, you must join the regional Commuter Club:
- Visit yolotma.org
- Choose “new user” option from the “Commuter Club Login” section of the home page
- Choose “UC Davis faculty & staff” as your employer
- When the registration is complete, choose “Emergency Ride Home” from the menu on the left side of the page
Cancellation of goClub Membership
- To cancel your goClub membership, please do one of the following:
- Visit goclub.ucdavis.edu
- Choose the “Current Members” link from the “Quick Links” menu on the left side of the page.
- Log in using your Kerberos ID and password
- Visit the TAPS office and inform the Customer Service Representative that you would like to cancel your goClub membership.
- If you were issued a complimentary goClub (GC) parking permit boxes used in excess of the two per month from the date of issuance will be charged $9 per box. Permits that are not returned upon cancellation will be assumed used and charged accordingly.
- To purchase a parking permit online, you must first cancel your goClub membership online or in person at TAPS.