Biking With Confidence is a 5-series bicycle education event sponsored in part by the UC Davis Bicycle Program (part of Transportation Services), the City of Davis Bike and Pedestrian Program, Healthy UC Davis, Staff and Faculty Health and Well-being, and JUMP. Representatives of all programs will lead Biking With Confidence.
Classes in the series include:
- 4/2 -- Bike Anatomy: Let's Talk Bike Parts | Become a bike anatomy expert! Rotate through our five stations to learn about the different parts of the bike including drivetrain, bike frame components, and wheels.
- 4/9 -- Gears, What Are They Good For? | Learn all about gears - how shifting works, when to shift gears and how to maintain the drivetrain. Learn how to prevent gear-related accidents.
- 4/16 -- Breaking Down Breaks | Let’s talk about brakes! Learn about the different types of brakes, how to maintain them and when to change them.
- 4/23 -- Tired of Flat Tires? Learn How To Fix A Flat! | Want to learn how to fix flat tires? Learn to remove, patch and reinstall a bicycle tube. Be prepared to get your hands dirty! Materials and tools provided - you do not need to bring your own bike.
- 4/30 -- Fun Ride | Take all of your new knowledge and go for a fun, casual bike ride! Curious about the red JUMP bikes, but have not yet tried one? Join us to try a JUMP bike for free, or bring your own bike and helmet for the ride.
All classes are FREE and take place on Hutchison Field. Open to staff, faculty, students, and retirees!